1. We perceive the world using our five senses.
2. John's illness took a heavy toll on his immune system.
3. Howard Gardner identified eight multiple intelligences.
4. The human brain has evolved to perform a huge variety of functions.
5. Stress can sometimes serve a positive purpose.
6. The process of reading converts ink on a page into words in our head.
7. Our bodies employ different strategies to deal with stress.
8. The team rose to the challenge and won the match easily.
9. Galileo's theory had far-reaching implications for astronomers.
10. Frank can't handle all the stress in his new job.